Costa Rica Family Adventure
July 27 – August 4, 2022
Join the Natural Resources Foundation of Wisconsin on a family adventure in Costa Rica! This special trip is full of unique experiences that are sure to inspire young naturalists. Learn about the endangered green sea turtle and go on evening walks along the beach in search of turtle nests. Enjoy opportunities to spot spider monkeys, crocodiles, three-toed sloths, wading birds, manatees, and caimans in their natural environments while on a canal safari. Discover the history and cultural significance of coconuts and cacao, and see how chocolate is made. All of this, combined with hikes, a visit to the Toucan Rescue Ranch, a zip line canopy tour, and much more will create memories to enjoy and share for a lifetime. Ages 7+ recommended. All travelers are required to be fully vaccinated.
- Visit the Sea Turtle Conservancy and go on beach walks to look for sea turtle nests.
- Take a canal safari tour in Tortuguero National Park in search of caimans, manatees and other wildlife.
- Journey into the primary forest reserve at Selva Verde on guided hikes in search of toucans, macaws, frogs, sloths, and monkeys.
- Embark on a thrilling whitewater rafting trip down the Río Sarapiquí and learn about riverine ecosystems and their fauna.
- Visit the Toucan Rescue Ranch and learn about the rehabilitation, care, and release taking place at this wildlife refuge.
Pricing and Cancellation
The base cost is $2,565 per person. Price includes accommodations, meals, activities and entrance fees as indicated in the itinerary, private vehicle transportation, full-time guide for the duration of the program, bottled water on the bus, carbon offset, and part of your trip cost goes to support the Natural Resources Foundation. It does not include airfare, gratuities, or items of a personal nature. Single room supplement is $295. Child credit (12 and under) $300.
A deposit of $200 is required by participants to register and reserve a space on the program. Reservations made less than 95 days prior to departure require full payment.
95 or more days before departure: $100 cancellation fee; remaining balance is refunded.
94 -0 days before departure: Program fees are not refundable after this date.
Deadline to register is April 23, 2022.
Specialty Travel Consultant at Holbrook Travel
Debbie coordinates and customizes incredible travel experiences for the Foundation. She is happy to answer any questions that you may have about this trip and help reserve your spot.