July 7 –16, 2021
Explore Charles Darwin’s “Living Laboratory of Evolution” from distinct perspectives on this combined land and cruise adventure. First, embark on the new Tip Top V, a deluxe 16-passenger catamaran, and sail among pristine, uninhabited islands home to specially adapted flora and fauna. Next, spend three nights at Scalesia Eco-Lodge, a luxury tented camp in the highlands of Isabela, the perfect base for exploring the geology and biodiversity of the archipelago’s largest island. Enjoy the best of both worlds as you learn about the threats to these fragile ecosystems and the work being done to protect them. You’ll come away with a deeper understanding and appreciation for this extraordinary place and its people.
- Climb Prince Philip’s Steps and observe nesting colonies of frigatebirds, boobies, gulls, and other seabirds on Genovesa Island.
- Walk among the tall Opuntia cactus forests on Santa Fé, looking for the pale yellow land iguana species found only on this island.
- Visit Los Humedales, where the sheltered sandy beaches, rocky shores, and mangroves provide a nursery for young marine animals.
- Spend a full day hiking at Sierra Negra Volcano and enjoy expansive views of the caldera and surroundings.
- Learn how the Arnaldo Tupiza Breeding Center is working to ensure the survival of the islands’ endangered giant tortoises.
Pricing and Cancellation
The base cost is $5,345 per person. Cost includes meals, accommodations, activities as indicated in the itinerary, in-country transportation, internal flights, full-time guide, Galapagos National Park fee and tax, bottled water on the bus, carbon offset, departure tax, and part of your trip cost goes to support the Natural Resources Foundation. Single room supplement is $1,875.
A deposit of $350 is required 150 days prior to departure for participants to register and reserve a space on the program. After this date, any reservations that have not been paid in full are subject to cancellation and cancellation fees will apply.
150 or more days before departure: $100 cancellation fee; remaining balance is refunded.
96- 149 days before departure: full deposit is forfeited.
0-95 days before departure: 100% of program price is forfeited.
Deadline to register is February 7, 2021.
Travel Consultant at Holbrook Travel877-910-6548
Stefanie coordinates and customizes incredible travel experiences for the Foundation. She is happy to answer any questions that you may have about this trip and help reserve your spot.