Florida Wilds: From Gulf to Glades
January 24 -31, 2022
Florida’s resplendent wilderness offers visitors moments of excitement and serenity in equal measure. The thrill of spotting a surfacing manatee or swooping heron is set against the gentle sound of waves lapping at shorelines, sawgrass rustling in the breeze, and sunshine dappling through old growth cypress canopy. Soak up these experiences as you journey from Florida’s Gulf coast down to the crown jewel of its natural kingdom: Everglades National Park. You’ll enjoy beachfront accommodations, excursions by boat to look for marine and bird life, and hiking trails through oak hammock, cypress forest, and, of course, classic Florida swamp. Along the way, meet with organizations and individuals serving as stewards of the land, from wildlife rehabilitation to sea turtle and coral research, and the preservation of biological wealth at the federally-protected Everglades.
- Go behind the scenes at Florida Aquarium’s Center for Conservation for a glimpse into the coral and sea turtle research conducted there.
- Explore the Everglades National Park and learn about the ecological importance of this sprawling wetland and its nine living ecosystems.
- Enjoy a chartered boat ride around Sanibel and Captiva Islands to search for manatees, river otters, and bottle-nosed dolphins.
- Seek out signature Florida avifauna like Wood Stork, Roseate Spoonbill, herons, ibis, and the Florida Burrowing Owl.
- Take a private tour of Patch of Heaven Sanctuary’s preserve and gardens and learn about their ongoing conservation initiatives.
Pricing and Cancellation
The base cost is $3,975 per person. Price includes accommodations, meals, activities and entrance fees as indicated in the itinerary, vehicle transportation, full-time guide for the duration of the program, bottled water on the bus, carbon offset, and part of your trip cost goes to support the Natural Resources Foundation. It does not include airfare, gratuities, or items of a personal nature. Single room supplement is $800.
A deposit of $200 is required by participants to register and reserve a space on the program. Reservations made less than 95 days prior to departure require full payment.
95 or more days before departure: $100 cancellation fee; remaining balance is refunded.
94 -0 days before departure: program fees are not refundable.
REGISTRATION IS CLOSED.
Specialty Travel Consultant at Holbrook Travel
Debbie coordinates and customizes incredible travel experiences for the Foundation. She is happy to answer any questions that you may have about this trip and help reserve your spot.