Last updated July 22, 2020
Field Trips: Season Registration is Live!
We are excited to announce a reboot of our 2020 Field Trip Season!
We are offering over 90 Field Trips running from late July through early November, some on original dates and others rescheduled from spring and early summer trips. We are taking a cautious approach, as COVID-19 remains a dynamic situation. Currently in Wisconsin it is safe to gather outdoors in small groups. If that changes, we will adapt accordingly and cancel trips as necessary to conform to current safety standards.
JULY 15 – Registration opens
Foundation Event/Field Trip Guidelines & Safety Protocol
We appreciate your patience as we developed a thoughtful plan for opening our season. To ensure your health and safety, we will be following guidelines from state health officials and the CDC to determine best practices. See our Foundation Guidelines for Events/Field Trips and Safety Protocol documents below.
Virtual Field Trips available!
You can also connect to our Field Trip Program in the comfort of your own home. We are offering VIRTUAL FIELD TRIPS on our Facebook page and website. These short videos feature highlights of past Field Trips, webinars on interesting natural resource topics, and leaders filming in their favorite natural places. It’s a great opportunity to discover Wisconsin, virtually!
As we all adjust to the new normal, NRF is committed to continuing our grantmaking operations as usual. If your NRF-funded project is being impacted by COVID-19, please keep us in the loop – we are flexible and can work with you to adapt project timeline, activities, and report deadlines as needed.
Staff & Office Hours:
- In-person Foundation related activities through mid-April, are canceled or postponed, including work-related travel or event attendance.
- Our office will be closed until further notice.
- Our team is working from home, and will be available during regular office hours by email or phone.
Online membership requests/renewals & donations
- We encourage all gifts as well as membership renewals or requests be made online, if possible, to reduce staff travel time and exposure, until further notice.
- Please allow for delays for processing mailed checks and membership renewals and requests until our office reopens.
- Mailed thank you letters and membership renewal reminders are postponed until further notice.
As you know this is a rapidly changing situation, and we are prepared to be flexible and adjust our approach based on any new information we receive in the coming weeks and months. As we move into spring and summer, the thought of not being able to connect with you all at upcoming events, conferences, and potentially some of our Field Trips is difficult, but we believe these steps are in the best interest of the health of our members and our communities.
Thank you for your patience and understanding, and please take good care.
The Natural Resources Foundation of Wisconsin