Last updated May 20, 2020
Field Trips: June Field Trips Canceled. Season continues to be postponed, next update June 15
We’ve made the difficult decision to CANCEL ALL JUNE FIELD TRIPS due to the Covid-19 crisis.
We are hoping the month of June will be more clarifying for a direction with a state-wide strategy for protocol on safety and travel, and remain hopeful that we’ll be able to offer part of the season, and even reschedule some early spring Field Trips to later in the year.
We will email and post our next update on June 15 about the 2020 Field Trip season and registration.
We would like to hear what you think! We’ll be sending an email in early June with a survey from SurveyMonkey to gauge your interest and appetite for Field Trips in 2020.
Virtual Field Trips every #FieldTripFriday!
In the meantime, we will be providing some online opportunities for you to connect with the Field Trip program.
Beginning April 17, we will offer VIRTUAL FIELD TRIP FRIDAYS on our Facebook page and website. These short videos will feature highlights of past Field Trips, webinars on interesting natural resource topics, and leaders filming in their favorite natural places. It’s a great opportunity to discover Wisconsin, virtually!
As we all adjust to the new normal, NRF is committed to continuing our grantmaking operations as usual. If your NRF-funded project is being impacted by COVID-19, please keep us in the loop – we are flexible and can work with you to adapt project timeline, activities, and report deadlines as needed.
Staff & Office Hours:
- In-person Foundation related activities through mid-April, are canceled or postponed, including work-related travel or event attendance.
- Our office will be closed until further notice.
- Our team is working from home, and will be available during regular office hours by email or phone.
Online membership requests/renewals & donations
- We encourage all gifts as well as membership renewals or requests be made online, if possible, to reduce staff travel time and exposure, until further notice.
- Please allow for delays for processing mailed checks and membership renewals and requests until our office reopens.
- Mailed thank you letters and membership renewal reminders are postponed until further notice.
As you know this is a rapidly changing situation, and we are prepared to be flexible and adjust our approach based on any new information we receive in the coming weeks and months. As we move into spring and summer, the thought of not being able to connect with you all at upcoming events, conferences, and potentially some of our Field Trips is difficult, but we believe these steps are in the best interest of the health of our members and our communities.
Thank you for your patience and understanding, and please take good care.
The Natural Resources Foundation of Wisconsin