Resources for Field Trip Leaders
Thank you for leading a trip for the Natural Resources Foundation of Wisconsin!
Here you will find the information to conduct your Field Trip, including items to print and bring to the trip.
Timing of Program:
March-July: Review trip details letter that will be sent to participants.
3-4 days prior to trip: NRF will send you a roster that participants will need to sign for their liability waiver
Day of the trip: Print and bring a copy of the roster, waiver (link to print below- bring just one copy), and intro to read at the start of the trip. Field Trips run rain or shine, so have a Plan B ready if you need to modify your trip due to weather (more details below).
Trip Completion: Please return signed roster to Kim. Submit invoices to Christine (details below).
COVID Safety Guidelines:
2022 continues to be a dynamic situation with COVID, and we will update our safety guidelines as needed throughout the season. We anticipate opening the season with these safety guidelines:
- Social distancing. Note: we don’t list a specific foot/spacing, but ask use of good judgement (we should be pros at this by now!)
- Outdoor trips: Face masks optional, though we ask that both leaders and participants bring a mask and wear it in times when social distancing is not possible.*
- Indoor trips: Face masks may be required.*
* Face masks may be required on some trips due to leader preference or local/facility policies, to be determined closer to the trip date. Please let us know prior to your trip if you require face masks, so it can be included in the letters we send out to participants prior to the trip.
Our trips run rain or shine. However, there may be situations where leaders need to delay, end a trip early, or cancel the day of the trip due to severe weather (we strongly recommend that you cancel only in extreme situations). We do not recommend canceling prior to the day of the trip as weather forecasts frequently change. If you have questions or need to discuss options, please call: 608-409-3123 (weekdays only)
Read prior to your trip:
A great resource on how to make your Field Trip accessible and comfortable for all participants:
Print and bring to your trip:
After the completion of your trip, please submit an invoice for trip expenses via email to: Christine.Tanzer@Wisconservation.org . These fees are negotiated prior to the start of the Field Trip season. Payments will not be processed until the invoice is received.
The Disability Etiquette Brochure provides information on how to make your Field Trip accessible to everyone, including people with mobility, vision, and hearing disabilities.
Access Ability Wisconsin provides all-terrain outdoor wheelchairs to expand recreational opportunities for people with mobility challenges. It is possible that a person using an all-terrain wheelchair may attend a Field Trip, although we are requesting that they notify us in advance. We encourage you to familiarize yourself with this resource.
Director of Field Trip Program
(608) 409-3123, extensions 1023 and 1083
Christine coordinates the many facets of the Foundation’s vibrant Field Trip Program. Passionate about showcasing Wisconsin’s amazing natural treasures, she has organized well over 2,000 Field Trips since joining NRF in 1997.