Wisconsin Conservation Endowment
We build and protect Wisconsin’s nest egg.
Planning for the future in Wisconsin means making sure the necessary financial resources are available to care for the natural resources that we cherish. Through the Wisconsin Conservation Endowment, the Natural Resources Foundation of Wisconsin serves as a community foundation for the state of Wisconsin. The Foundation provides individuals and organizations who care deeply about our natural resources the opportunity to leave a legacy of sustained support.
Endowments can be created to fund:
- A favorite conservation program or organization;
- A unique habitat or landscape;
- A beloved region or area;
- A rare or endangered species;
- General conservation needs in Wisconsin.
Why choose the Natural Resources Foundation of Wisconsin?
- Experience. Since 2006, we’ve worked with donors to establish nearly 100 endowment funds with more than $7 million in assets.
- Public conservation focus. We serve conservation needs throughout Wisconsin by focusing efforts on the public lands that we all cherish.
- Professional conservation expertise. Our staff and board bring extensive conservation experience to managing our endowment.
- Professional financial services. TIAA brings dependable portfolio management expertise to our endowment.
- Administrative support. The Foundation offers a personal approach to guidance, strategies, and fundraising support.
- Wisconsin-based. The Foundation is not affiliated with a larger, national organization, so all of your contributions stay right here in state.
Types of endowment funds
FIELD OF INTEREST FUND ($10,000). Created by individual(s) or an organization to support the Foundation’s priority conservation programs including public lands and waters, wildlife, or environmental education.
AGENCY FUND ($15,000). Created by a qualified tax-exempt organization to support the organization’s operations and programs.
DESIGNATED FUND ($20,000). Created by individual(s) or an organization to support a specific conservation purpose designated by the donor.
DONOR-ADVISED FUND ($40,000). Donor advises the Foundation on which projects should be supported through the fund on an annual basis.
Review our current endowment funds
Whether you are considering creating an endowment fund or are interested in contributing to one that already exists, we are proud to share our list of existing endowment funds.
We’ve put together some of our most frequently asked questions and answers into an easy, downloadable document. If you have further questions, please contact our director of philanthropy, Camille Zanoni (contact information below).
Profiles in Conservation
Director of Philanthropy
Camille leads the Foundation’s development efforts and helps raise support for Wisconsin’s priority conservation needs through annual, endowed, and planned giving.