Go Outside Fund
Connecting children to Wisconsin’s outdoors
We know that nature provides tremendous physical and mental health benefits – yet today’s children spend less than 1% of their time outside. The Go Outside Fund provides funding that helps connect youth to outdoor, nature-based learning experiences. Teachers or partner organizations may apply for funding to cover costs that facilitate getting kids outside and hands-on with nature, such as purchasing field supplies, or paying for transportation, substitute teachers, or educator costs. Grants between $100 and $500 are available.
- Grant applications must include a significant component of outdoor activity.
- Grant applications must directly engage children in outdoor, nature-based learning or facilitate access to the outdoors.
- Grant applications that align with classroom learning and standards are encouraged but not required.
- Applicant must be one of the following: a public charity with approved 501(c)(3) exempt status (under section 509(a)(1), 509(a)(2), or 509(a)(3) Type I and Type II); a federal, state, or local governmental unit, an American Indian nation or tribal community; or an accredited school, college, or university. The following types of organizations are not eligible for funding: individuals; businesses; section 509(a)(3) Type III supporting organizations; private foundations; and private operating foundations.
- Project must directly engage youth age pre-K – 12.
- Projects must benefit Wisconsin students.
- Project activities must take place after the Go Outside Fund due date.
- Project expenses may not have incurred prior to submitting the application.
How to Apply:
- Determine if your project addresses our grantmaking priorities and meets our eligibility requirements.
- Complete the application.
- Include proof of IRS tax-exempt status (IRS form 501c3 tax determination letter) or letter of support from school administration.
- Submit all materials to to Lindsey at NRFgrants@WisConservation.org by March 31st, June 30th, September 30th, or December 31st.
- Applicants will be notified six weeks following the submission deadline.
Other Funding Opportunities
Conservation Programs Coordinator
Lindsey supports the Foundation’s conservation programs, including administering our grant programs, and coordinating our initiatives and partnerships that benefit Wisconsin’s lands, waters, and wildlife.