How To Register
Our Field Trip Program is open!
We appreciate your patience as we developed a thoughtful plan for opening our season.
Stay local! To prevent the spread of COVID-19 please attend trips near your home.
Many of our trips are full, but there are still some great options still open:
Whether new to our program or a returning member, there’s a lot of good information on this page to help you have a smooth registration experience, including a step-by-step video.
Note: with the smaller selection of trips in 2020, there is now a limit of two Field Trips per person.
Join or Renew your membership
You must be a current member of the Natural Resources Foundation of Wisconsin to register for Field Trips.
Click on the button below to join or renew your membership to the Foundation with a donation of $25 or greater.
Gather these three items:
1. Your Member Code.
Your member-code is also printed in red on the back cover of the Field Trip Guidebook.
2. Your account with Active.com
If you registered with us in 2018 or 2019, see below for options if you forgot your Active.com password.
If you are new to our Field Trips you do NOT need to make an account before registration. You will create an account as you register this year.
3. The names, contact information, and birthdays of all members of your party
For child guests use their real birthday (or something close to it).
Choose Your Trips & Register Online
- Choose your top 2 choices from our list of Field Trips.
- No phone or email registrations will be accepted.
- A link to registration will be on our website’s homepage starting July 15.
- If a trip is full, you can add yourself to the waitlist when you register online. We will contact you if a space becomes available.
Prep for your trip or make changes
- Trip details will be emailed along with directions and map-link two weeks before your trip date.
- Trips are non-refundable, but please email us to cancel or make changes to your registration: FieldTrips@WisConservation.org
- Get Ready . . . Remember, trips go rain or shine so dress appropriately for the weather!
Essential Tips for Registration
- Trips are listed in order of dates they occur. So, if a trip has a second session that is on a later date, it will be listed on the date it occurs, not in numerical order.
- Save your credit card. Opt to keep your credit card on file so we can easily assist you in any trip changes.
- Be sure ALL your trips are in your cart, and quantities updated, before you click the orange “Continue” button.
- Use the filters at left on reg site, or calendar view, to easily find trips.
Active.com Password & Member Code
If you registered with us in 2018 or 2019, you will need to enter your Active.com password at the start of the check-out process in a box that looks like this the image on the right.
(If you are new to our Field Trips you do NOT need this password and will create an account as you register)
Lost your Active.com password? You have two options:
1. Before Field Trip Registration
2. During Field Trip Registration
Enter same code for yourself and all guests.
There isn’t a way to “practice” your registration before noon, July 15 — but watching this tutorial video is the next best thing! See as Christine talks you through the registration process from start to finish. A great way to prepare for the big day!
Step-by-Step Written Tutorial:
We know everyone learns differently, so in addition to our video, we also created this illustrated, written step-by-step tutorial so that you can explore and learn at your own pace.
Field Trip Mail-In Form
Registration opens on Wednesday, July 15– any mail-in registrations received before this date will not be accepted. There is a $10 processing fee for mail-in registrations.
Field Trip Director(608) 409-3123
Christine coordinates the many facets of the Foundation’s vibrant Field Trip Program. Passionate about showcasing Wisconsin’s amazing natural treasures, she has organized well over 2,000 Field Trips since joining NRF in 1997.