How To Register
2021 Field Trip registration is now open!
Whether new to our program or a returning member, there’s a lot of good information on this page to help you have a smooth registration experience, including a step-by-step video.
Note: the 2021 per-person trip limit has ended. You may now register for as many trips as you wish!
Join or Renew your membership
You must be a current member of the Natural Resources Foundation of Wisconsin to register for Field Trips.
Click on the button below to join or renew your membership to the Foundation with a donation of $25 or greater.
Gather these three items:
1. Your Member Code.
Your member-code is also printed in red on the back cover of the Field Trip Guidebook.
2. Your account with our online registration provider: Active.com
If you registered with us in 2018-2020, you’ll need to enter your Active.com password at the start of your registration. Forgot it? Just click “Forgot password” during your Field Trip registration to easily reset it. (Don’t worry, your trips are secured as yours when you add them to your cart, so you won’t miss out by doing this extra step)
New? Don’t do anything before registering. You’ll make an account with Active.com as you register for your 2021 Field Trips.
3. The names, contact information, and birthdays of all members of your party
For child guests use their real birthday (or something close to it).
Choose Your Trips & Register Online
- Choose your top 2 choices from our list of Field Trips.
- No phone, email or mail-in registrations will be accepted.
- A link to registration will be on our website’s homepage starting April 1.
- If a trip is full, you can add yourself to the waitlist when you register online. We will contact you if a space becomes available.
Prep for your trip or make changes
- Trip details will be emailed along with directions and map-link two weeks before your trip date.
- Trips are non-refundable, but please email us to cancel or make changes to your registration: FieldTrips@WisConservation.org
- Review our Current COVID-19 guidelines.
- Get Ready . . . Remember, trips go rain or shine so dress appropriately for the weather!
Essential Tips for Registration
- Trips are listed in order of dates they occur. So, if a trip has a second session that is on a later date, it will be listed on the date it occurs, not in numerical order.
- Use # filters & calendar view to find trips quickly. Number filters are on the left column on registration site.
- Be sure ALL your trips are in your cart, and quantities updated, before you click the orange “Continue” button.
- Save your credit card. Opt to keep your credit card on file so we can easily assist you in any trip changes.
Active.com Password vs. Member Code
If you registered with us in 2018-2020, you will be asked to enter your Active.com password at the start of the check-out process in a box that looks like this the image on the right.
(If you are new to our Field Trips you do NOT need this password)
Forgot your Active.com password?
Reset your password during your registration.
When checking-out with your 2021 Field Trips, click “Forgot password.” An email will be sent to you to reset your password before you can ﬁnish your Field Trip registration.
Don’t worry about time it takes to reset your password. Your trips are secured as yours as soon as you add them to your cart, and you have 15 minutes to finish your registration before it resets.
Enter same code for yourself and all guests.
There isn’t a way to “practice” your registration before noon, April 1 — but watching this tutorial video is the next best thing! See as Christine talks you through the registration process from start to finish.
Step-by-Step Written Tutorial:
Also view the registration process in a scrolling written, step-by-step tutorial, which is easier to explore and learn at your own pace. Note, the tutorial references 2020, though the process is the same for 2021.
Field Trip Mail-In Form
Office staffing is limited due to COVID-19 and we are not able to process mail-in registrations in 2021.
Field Trip Director
Christine coordinates the many facets of the Foundation’s vibrant Field Trip Program. Passionate about showcasing Wisconsin’s amazing natural treasures, she has organized well over 2,000 Field Trips since joining NRF in 1997.