Costa Rica: An Introduction to Neotropical Birding (Session 2)
December 1-8, 2019
Immerse yourself in the lush flora, diverse fauna, and breathtaking landscapes of Costa Rica on this 8-day expedition with the Natural Resources Foundation of Wisconsin. You’ll discover the wonders of the rainforest at Selva Verde Lodge and La Selva Biological Station and then continue to the mountains of San Gerardo de Dota for birding in the cloud forests. Spend time birding on forest trails, witness the incredible biodiversity of these sites with many specialty birds, discover the fascinating lives of bats, and learn about ongoing conservation efforts to protect Costa Rica’s amazing flora and fauna.
- Explore tropical cloud forests. Visit the Talamanca Mountains and seek out one of Costa Rica’s treasures, the Resplendent Quetzal.
- View dazzling waterfalls. Wander the trails of La Paz Waterfall Gardens and witness its five magnificent waterfalls. Then head over to the hummingbird gardens and butterfly farm for great photo opportunities.
- Visit La Selva Biological Station. Be on the lookout for the Ornate Hawk-Eagle, Crested Guam, Great Tinamou, Pied Puffbird, and Spectacled Owl as possible sightings.
- Search for the Great Green Macaw. Hike the 500-acre rainforest reserve at Selva Verde, with opportunities to see this spectacular bird.
- Travel with a small group. This trip is limited to 12 travelers. We think the small-group atmosphere allows you to get closer to your guide, each other, and, most importantly, nature.
The base cost is $2,305 per person. Cost includes accommodations, activities and in-country transportation as mentioned in the itinerary, entrance fees, meals including non-alcoholic beverages, full-time guide for duration of program, donation to NRF, and carbon offset. Price does not include international airfare, gratuities, or items of a personal nature.
Deadline to register is August 28, 2019.
Travel Consultant at Holbrook Travel
Stefanie coordinates and customizes incredible travel experiences for the Foundation. She is happy to answer any questions that you may have about this trip and help reserve your spot.